2025.03.25 10:53Nation

袴田さんに刑事補償2億1700万円 再審無罪確定で、請求認める―静岡地裁

 1966年に静岡県で一家4人が殺害された事件で再審無罪が確定した袴田巌さん(89)に対し、静岡地裁(国井恒志裁判長)が、47年以上にわたって不当に身柄を拘束されたことへの刑事補償として約2億1700万円を交付する決定を出したことが25日、分かった。弁護団が、記者会見し明らかにした。決定は24日付。
 再審公判で無罪になると、刑事補償法に基づき、拘束された日数に応じて1日当たり1万2500円を上限に補償金を請求できる。今年1月、袴田さんの成年後見人が静岡地裁に上限額を請求。弁護団によると、刑事補償としては過去最高額だという。
 袴田さんは66年8月に強盗殺人などの容疑で静岡県警に逮捕され、80年に死刑が確定。2014年3月、同地裁が再審開始を認めて釈放するまで、約47年7カ月間拘束された。(2025/03/25-10:53)

2025.03.25 10:53Nation

Hakamata Gets 217 M. Yen in Compensation after Acquittal


A Japanese court has granted Iwao Hakamata, who was acquitted in a retrial last year over a 1966 murder case, some 217 million yen in compensation for being unjustly detained for over 47 years, his lawyers said Tuesday.
   The sum marks the biggest amount of criminal compensation granted in the country, the lawyers said.
   The 89-year-old was acquitted in September last year over the murder of four people in the central prefecture of Shizuoka, a decision that became final the following month after prosecutors did not appeal it.
   He was arrested in August 1966, and his death sentence once became final in 1980. He had been detained for about 47 years and seven months until his release in March 2014 after Shizuoka District Court granted him a retrial.
   In his decision on the compensation on Monday, Koshi Kunii, presiding judge at the court, said that Hakamata "suffered extreme mental and physical anguish as he was in custody for about 33 years only awaiting execution."

最新ニュース

写真特集

最新動画